Tumble dryers are a great way to save Energy and save time, but an unfortunate aspect of using one is that the belt can sometimes break. This can be due to normal wear and tear, accidental damage or even poor construction. Whatever the cause, it’s important to take action and replace the belt as soon as possible.
1. Unplug the tumble dryer: Before attempting to fix the broken belt on your tumble dryer, it’s important to unplug the machine from its power source. If you’re unsure which plug it is, get a trained electrician to do the job for you.
2. Remove the back cover: Start by disconnecting any screws that are holding the back cover in place and remove it carefully. If the tumble dryer is sitting on the floor, you may need to remove the feet from the bottom of the machine.
3. Identify the reason for the broken belt: Now that you can access the inside of the machine, first determine the reason for the belt breaking by inspecting it. Check for any signs of fraying or tears, as this could indicate wear and tear or even poor construction quality.
4. Replace the belt: If you can easily identify the broken belt and it’s not visibly damaged, then you can attempt to replace it yourself. Turn the belt over so that the inside is facing up, hold it with one hand and then thread the new belt through the grooves on the belt pulley. Once the belt is in place, use a screwdriver to reattach any screws you removed to secure the back panel.
5. Test the belt out: Before putting the tumble dryer back to its original position and plugging it back into its power source, it’s recommended to test it out by starting the machine and allowing it to run for a few minutes. This way, you’ll be sure that the belt is correctly installed and running smoothly before closing it up.
6. Have a professional check it out: If all the steps above have failed to work, then it’s time to call in a professional who can inspect the tumble dryer and determine the real cause of the broken belt. Make sure to explain the symptoms of the problem and what steps you’ve taken to diagnose it before they come to take a look.
Fixing a broken belt on a tumble dryer can be a tricky job, so it’s important to take the right safety precautions and carry out the necessary steps to ensure the machine works properly. If, despite all your efforts, you still can’t fix the broken belt, always call in a professional to do the job.
to get your tumble dryer repaired click. www.appliancerepairsbangor.com
Tell 07784844744 For A Free Call Out